Latest Features & Opinion
Attempting to engage on an intellectual level about the heady concept of brain death while in the throes of bereavement can often lead to mistrust and confusion.
Latest in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Autism spectrum disorder has a poorly understood etiology, with some evidence suggesting that environmental contaminants and air pollution may be potential risk factors.
Later-born siblings of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have an elevated risk of being diagnosed with the same or the other disorder.
Behavioral features such as social communication, interactions, and restricted interest were most improved with bumetanide treatment; however, the authors reported no dose-effect relationship in the dose-ranging trial.
Latest in Neuromuscular Disorders
Adults with cerebral palsy have an increased risk for depression and anxiety.
A nationwide epidemiologic study in France examined a correlation between Guillain-Barré syndrome and recent bone or digestive organ surgery.
Nusinersen, an antisense oligonucleotide that increases functional SMN protein production from SMN2, was clinically effective for improving motor function.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Survival in Parkinson Disease Dependent on Parkinsonian Type, Characteristics
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Mobile Health Apps for Headache: An Ongoing Search for Clinical Relevancy
- Behavioral Therapies May Treat Headache and Post-Concussive Symptoms
- CBD Superior to Placebo, Similar to AEDs for Managing Epilepsy Syndromes
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Hematology Indicates Need for Thrombophilia Test in Children With Migraines
- Increased Stroke Risk Following Surgical vs Transfemoral Aortic Valve Replacement
- Ocrelizumab Reduces Upper Extremity Disability Progression Risk in PPMS
- Cerebellar Stimulation May Help Improve Gait and Balance Recovery in Stroke
- Increased Dementia Risk in Older Adults With Down Syndrome
- Psychotherapy May Reduce Frequency of Nonepileptic Seizures
- Should CHA2DS2-VASc Be Reassessed More Frequently to Improve Stroke Prevention in Afib?