Latest Features & Opinion
Attempting to engage on an intellectual level about the heady concept of brain death while in the throes of bereavement can often lead to mistrust and confusion.
Latest in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Later-born siblings of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have an elevated risk of being diagnosed with the same or the other disorder.
Behavioral features such as social communication, interactions, and restricted interest were most improved with bumetanide treatment; however, the authors reported no dose-effect relationship in the dose-ranging trial.
Prenatal exposure to nitric oxide is associated with an increased risk for autism spectrum disorder.
Latest in Neuromuscular Disorders
A nationwide epidemiologic study in France examined a correlation between Guillain-Barré syndrome and recent bone or digestive organ surgery.
Nusinersen, an antisense oligonucleotide that increases functional SMN protein production from SMN2, was clinically effective for improving motor function.
Tiglutik is supplied as a thickened riluzole liquid that is intended to ease administration for patients with dysphagia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- APOE Genotype Coupled With Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation Increases Alzheimer's Risk
- Unplanned Pregnancy in Women With Epilepsy Increases Risk for Spontaneous Fetal Loss
- Epilepsy, Sleep Apnea, and SUDEP: A Closer Look
- HIT-Related Stress Linked to Burnout Among Physicians
- Risk Up for Later-Born Siblings of Children With ASD, ADHD