Latest Features & Opinion
Attempting to engage on an intellectual level about the heady concept of brain death while in the throes of bereavement can often lead to mistrust and confusion.
Latest in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Autism spectrum disorder has a poorly understood etiology, with some evidence suggesting that environmental contaminants and air pollution may be potential risk factors.
Later-born siblings of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have an elevated risk of being diagnosed with the same or the other disorder.
Behavioral features such as social communication, interactions, and restricted interest were most improved with bumetanide treatment; however, the authors reported no dose-effect relationship in the dose-ranging trial.
Latest in Neuromuscular Disorders
Adults with cerebral palsy have an increased risk for depression and anxiety.
A nationwide epidemiologic study in France examined a correlation between Guillain-Barré syndrome and recent bone or digestive organ surgery.
Nusinersen, an antisense oligonucleotide that increases functional SMN protein production from SMN2, was clinically effective for improving motor function.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Seizure Monitoring Smartwatch Cleared for Use in Children
- Steps to Facilitate Rapid Reperfusion to Improve Poststroke Outcomes
- Ocrelizumab Reduces Upper Extremity Disability Progression Risk in PPMS
- Cerebellar Stimulation May Help Improve Gait and Balance Recovery in Stroke
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Breakdown of Blood-Brain Barrier May Drive Dementia
- FDA: Food Inspections to Resume Despite Ongoing Funding Lapse
- First Generic Version of Sabril Tablets Gets FDA Approval
- Supine Positioning After Greater Occipital Nerve Block May Improve Outcomes