Latest Features & Opinion
Attempting to engage on an intellectual level about the heady concept of brain death while in the throes of bereavement can often lead to mistrust and confusion.
Latest in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Autism spectrum disorder has a poorly understood etiology, with some evidence suggesting that environmental contaminants and air pollution may be potential risk factors.
Later-born siblings of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have an elevated risk of being diagnosed with the same or the other disorder.
Behavioral features such as social communication, interactions, and restricted interest were most improved with bumetanide treatment; however, the authors reported no dose-effect relationship in the dose-ranging trial.
Latest in Neuromuscular Disorders
Adults with cerebral palsy have an increased risk for depression and anxiety.
A nationwide epidemiologic study in France examined a correlation between Guillain-Barré syndrome and recent bone or digestive organ surgery.
Nusinersen, an antisense oligonucleotide that increases functional SMN protein production from SMN2, was clinically effective for improving motor function.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Serum Vitamin D Levels and Risk for Migraine
- Mobile Health Apps for Headache: An Ongoing Search for Clinical Relevancy
- Seizure Monitoring Smartwatch Cleared for Use in Children
- Researchers ID Factors Predictive of Naming Decline After Epilepsy Surgery
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Supine Positioning After Greater Occipital Nerve Block May Improve Outcomes
- Resting-State MEG May Indicate MS-Related Cognitive Decline
- Odor Discrimination and Identification Linked to Neurodegeneration in MS
- American College of Physicians Releases 7th Edition of Ethics Manual
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume