Promising cognitive-enhancing agents are being investigated.
Walking, running or swimming may reduce a range of symptoms of neurodegenerative disorders.
Monoclonal antibodies targeting tau and beta amyloid in Alzheimer's disease may also benefit other neurodegenerative diseases.
Younger, female patients were most associated with psychotropic polypharmacy.
Phase-2 study results suggest AVP-923 has meaningful effects in reducing agitation.
Results from Biogen's PRIME study indicated that higher doses were more effective at destroying beta amyloid.
Clinical trials are underway to evaluate if access to amyloid PET scans affects treatment decisions in dementia.
Researchers have begun enrolling 800 patients in a trial to test the accuracy of the PredictND tool.
Benefit seen in the early treatment group could not be recovered by those for whom treatment was delayed.
Differences in brain structure, disease progression and biological characteristics may play a role.
Early academic performance may better indicate cognitive reserve than formal education and occupational complexity.
By 2050, 50% of baby boomers are expected to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
Results suggested that TRV 101 prevents oligomerization activity against both beta amyloid and tau.
High levels of both metabolites were linked to worse working memory in normally aging people.
The biomarkers may be useful for the design of clinical trials.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis: Effects on DMTs, the Treatment Team, and More
- New Diagnostic Criteria for Neurosarcoidosis: What You Need to Know
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Guidelines on the Use of OnabotulinumtoxinA for Chronic Migraine
- Efficacy of Naftazone on Motor Symptoms of Parkinson Disease
- Guideline for Diagnosis and Treatment of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Ivy League Rule Change Linked to Fewer Concussions During NCAA Football Games
- Addressing Levodopa-Resistant Parkinson Disease
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Circadian, Circaseptan Rhythms Prevalent in Epileptic Seizure Cycles
- Jolt Accentuation of Headache Not a Universal Indicator of Acute Meningitis
- Reduced Survival for Patients With Idiopathic Parkinsonism
- ACA Implementation Decreased Rates of Therapy Nonadherence in Stroke Survivors
- Fluorescence Can ID High-Grade Glioma During Sx for Brain Tumor