Researchers from NeuroActiva, Inc. presented results of their randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2A clinical trial of NA-831.
Tramiprosate Associated With High Response, Favorable Safety in APOE ε4 Homozygotes With Mild Alzheimer's
Researchers assessed individual patient responses as well as overall response rates to oral tramiprosate and the effect of response on clinical outcomes.
The study assessed the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of 2 doses of oxaloacetate in patients with Alzheimer disease.
Initial data from Study 201, as announced in December 2017, showed BAN2401 did not meet the primary endpoint.
Existing data from the the UK Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) and 3 clinical studies of PwD were used to evaluate the association between Z-drug administration and the incidence of adverse events.
Participants in this study were part of the Indianapolis-Ibadan Dementia Project that took place from 1992 to 2011 and were assessed for dementia every second or third year during follow-up.
Pimavanserin is currently approved in the United States for the treatment of hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson's disease psychosis.
The researchers conducted a 13-week study that included 162 individuals with advanced dementia and considerable depression residing in nursing homes in Norway.
Although treatment with nabilone significantly improved agitation, cognition, and nutrition, the authors cautioned that sedation should be closely monitored.
Drinking sugary beverages has been previously linked to markers of preclinical Alzheimer disease, but the risk associated with consuming added sugars is not established.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- APOE Genotype Coupled With Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation Increases Alzheimer's Risk
- Unplanned Pregnancy in Women With Epilepsy Increases Risk for Spontaneous Fetal Loss
- Epilepsy, Sleep Apnea, and SUDEP: A Closer Look
- HIT-Related Stress Linked to Burnout Among Physicians
- Risk Up for Later-Born Siblings of Children With ASD, ADHD