Joohi Jimenez-Shahed, MD, discusses her research on the use of deutetrabenazine for the treatment of tardive dyskinesia in patients taking concomitant antipsychotics or neuroleptics. Scroll below the video for the full transcript.
There is little data to support telestroke for IV thrombolysis administration in the extended time window of 3 to 4.5 hours after stroke onset.
Treatment with the monoclonal antibody erenumab reduced the number of monthly migraine days experienced in patients with episodic migraine.
Pulse pressure was associated with the risk for ischemic stroke in first-ever ischemic stroke patients old than 60 years.
Anup Patel, MD, of Nationwide Children's Hospital and The Ohio State University School of Medicine, discusses findings from a dose-ranging study of cannabidiol for the treatment of drop seizures in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Scroll to below the video for a full text transcript of Dr Patel's interview.
Results from 2 phase 3 clinical trials demonstrated efficacy of adjunctive cannabidiol for the treatment of drop seizures in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
Posttraumatic stress disorder is associated with a high incidence of chronic pain; what role headache plays in that relationship is not well known.
Cynthia Harden, MD, lead author of the new SUDEP guidelines, discusses the development process and what she hopes clinicians will take away from the guidance. Scroll to below the video for a full text transcript of Dr Harden's interview.
Resumption of oral anticoagulants after intracerebral hemorrhage was found to improve outcomes at 1 year.
Dr Pamela Rist, of Harvard Medical School, discusses her research in women with migraine and hypertension at the 2017 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting in Boston, MA. Scroll to below the video for a full text transcript of Dr Rist's interview.
Non-demented elderly patients experiencing excessive daytime sleepiness may be at increased risk for β-amyloid accumulation.
Mortality among women with preeclampsia and pregnancy-associated stroke was significantly higher than in controls.
A newly published guideline shines light on sudden unexpected death in epilepsy and how clinicians can help prevent it.
Women with a history of migraine are at increased risk for developing hypertension.
Females with Alzheimer's disease, the APOE4 gene, and comorbid Lewy bodies were more likely to experience psychosis.
Serum neurofilament light chain levels show potential in predicting the burden and progression of cerebral small vessel disease.
Increased risk of pediatric multiple sclerosis was observed in patients with prior exposure to EBV, HSV-1, and vitamin D deficiency.
In older patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis, patient-reported fatigue and problems with lower extremities may signal conversion to secondary progressive disease.
Previous research had suggested that the benefits of IV tPA are diminished in patients weighing more than 100 kg.
Sepsis is associated with pathways that lead to permanent neurological sequelae.
Higher glucose levels reduce likelihood of good outcome among stroke patients with good collaterals.
Transcranial random noise stimulation improved both physical and cognitive symptoms of fibromyalgia.
This year's annual meeting of the American Academy of Neurology takes place in Boston, MA from April 22-28, 2017.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd