AAN 2018 Coverage
Non-invasive neuromodulation therapy using a custom stimulation pattern provides symptomatic relief from hand tremor in essential tremor.
Several prodromal symptoms in REM sleep behavior disorder are highly associated with conversion to neurodegenerative diseases.
A regression model showed that efficacy of DMTs significantly decreased until age 53, after which disease progression is not affected by DMTs.
Wearable technology may help monitor on/off states in patients with Parkinson disease in an outpatient setting.
Individuals with chronic vs episodic migraine may be more likely to experience chronic back pain, chronic pain, neck pain, anxiety, and depression.
Researchers conducted post-hoc analysis of data derived from 2 randomized, placebo-controlled trials to determine the safety and tolerability of eslicarbazepine in pediatric patients with partial-onset seizures not responsive to treatment with ≤2 antiepileptic drugs.
Researchers assessed the ability of erenumab to decrease the mean number of acute headache days in patients with episodic migraine.
Researchers conducted a randomized, double-blond, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging trial to assess the use of a new zolmitriptan intracutaneous delivery system in adults with migraine headache.
Researchers sought to assess outcomes in hospitalized patients with comorbid Parkinson disease and major depressive disorder following administration of deep brain stimulation.
Researchers evaluated the incidence of treatment-emergent adverse events in pediatric patients taking eslicarbazepine acetate with other antiepileptic drugs to better understand tolerability profiles.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Screening Tool Differentiates Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Parkinson Disease
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans