AAN 2018 Coverage
Non-invasive neuromodulation therapy using a custom stimulation pattern provides symptomatic relief from hand tremor in essential tremor.
Several prodromal symptoms in REM sleep behavior disorder are highly associated with conversion to neurodegenerative diseases.
A regression model showed that efficacy of DMTs significantly decreased until age 53, after which disease progression is not affected by DMTs.
Wearable technology may help monitor on/off states in patients with Parkinson disease in an outpatient setting.
Individuals with chronic vs episodic migraine may be more likely to experience chronic back pain, chronic pain, neck pain, anxiety, and depression.
Researchers conducted post-hoc analysis of data derived from 2 randomized, placebo-controlled trials to determine the safety and tolerability of eslicarbazepine in pediatric patients with partial-onset seizures not responsive to treatment with ≤2 antiepileptic drugs.
Researchers assessed the ability of erenumab to decrease the mean number of acute headache days in patients with episodic migraine.
Researchers conducted a randomized, double-blond, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging trial to assess the use of a new zolmitriptan intracutaneous delivery system in adults with migraine headache.
Researchers sought to assess outcomes in hospitalized patients with comorbid Parkinson disease and major depressive disorder following administration of deep brain stimulation.
Researchers evaluated the incidence of treatment-emergent adverse events in pediatric patients taking eslicarbazepine acetate with other antiepileptic drugs to better understand tolerability profiles.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder