Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine 0.15mg, 0.3mg; prefilled auto-injector; contains sulfites.
Impax Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for ADRENACLICK:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type 1) including anaphylaxis.
Adults and Children:
Inject IM or SQ only into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. <15kg: not studied. 15–30kg: 0.15mg. ≥30kg: 0.3mg. May repeat another dose if needed.
The presence of sulfite in this product should not deter use. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Parkinson's disease. Injection-related complications: do not inject intravenously or into buttock (risk of Clostridial infections), digits, hands, or feet; hold leg firmly and limit movement in children prior to and during injection. Advise patient to seek medical help immediately. Train patient in use of device. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, levothyroxine, antihistamines (eg, chlorpheniramine, tripelennamine, diphenhydramine). May be antagonized by β-blockers (eg, propranolol), α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), ergot alkaloids. Arrhythmias possible with cardiac glycosides, diuretics, or anti-arrhythmics.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties; arrhythmias; rare: serious infections (skin and soft tissue) at injection site, stress cardiomyopathy.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL