Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine (as HCl) 1mg/mL; soln for IM or SC inj; contains sulfites.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ADRENALIN:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type I), including anaphylaxis. Bronchospasm. Urticaria. Angioedema. Serum sickness.
Adults and Children:
Do not dilute. Inject into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. ≥30kg: 0.3–0.5mg SC or IM; max: 0.5mg per inj. <30kg: 0.01mg/kg SC or IM; max: 0.3mg per inj. Both: may repeat every 5–10 mins as necessary; rotate inj sites. Monitor clinically for reaction severity and cardiac effects.
Avoid injecting into the buttocks, digits, hands, or feet. Cardio or cerebrovascular disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Parkinson's disease, Pheochromocytoma. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other sympathomimetic agents. Caution with cardiac glycosides, digitalis, diuretics, quinidine, and other arrhythmia-producing agents; monitor. Pressor effects may be potentiated by tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs, antihistamines, levothyroxine. May be antagonized by α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), β-blockers (eg, propranolol), ergots. Caution with halogenated hydrocarbon general anesthetics (eg, halothane). Do not use to counteract effects of phenothiazines.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties, angina, arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillation (may be fatal), rapid rises in BP, cerebral hemorrhage; rare: serious infections at the inj site.
Single-dose vials (1mL)—25; Multi-dose vials (30mL)—1, 10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure