Beate Diehl, MD, PhD, FRCP, discusses her research on post-stroke epilepsy.
Shaun Hussain, MD, MS, discusses a gap in health care provider knowledge that may contribute to the delay in the diagnosis and treatment of infantile spasms.
Elizabeth Thiele, MD, PhD discusses results from her research on cannabidiol in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
Clobazam had been previously identified as an AED with a significant interaction with CBD.
Justin Gover, CEO of GW Pharmaceuticals, the parent company of Greenwich Biosciences, discusses the status of the company's cannabidiol product Epidiolex on the heels of positive results from several placebo-controlled trials in epileptic syndromes.
Number of AEDs and seizure frequency also influenced depression in people with epilepsy.
Concordant EEG/fMRI and ESI predicted outcomes with 100% sensitivity and specificity.
Adjunctive everolimus treatment has been found to significantly reduce frequency of treatment-resistant seizures in TSC.
The triple-validated SeLECT score may help identify patients suited for antiepileptic drug trials.
Results of the phase 3, placebo-controlled trial support previous findings from an expanded-access program.
Brain Atrophy May Help Predict Surgical Outcomes in Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy With Hippocampal SclerosisDecember 04, 2016
Atrophy in areas outside of the MTLE-HS network may predict poor surgical outcomes.
Less than 30% of patients were seen by an effective provider within 1 week of onset of infantile spasms.
Half of patients experienced a reduction in seizure frequency after statin initiation.
Awareness of the effects of polypharmacy on patient well-being is an important component of care.
Patients taking cannabidiol experienced a significant reduction in drop seizures compared with placebo.
Patients with lesions in the left basal ganglia were more likely to have post-stroke epilepsy.
Michael Privatera, MD, AES president spoke with Neurology Advisor about some of the key topics and presentations slated for this year's meeting.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment