Objective Score Identifies Non-Epileptic Psychogenic Seizures Linked to Abuse, TBI
Sexual abuse, compared with other psychological stressors including physical abuse, was more associated with PNES.
- Time since first seizure: <20 years = -4/d
- Time since first seizure: ≥20 years = -8
- Female age of onset: <40 years = 5+2/d
- Female age of onset: ≥40 years = +12
- Male age of onset: <30 years = +2/d
- Male age of onset: ≥30 years = +6
- Febrile Seizure: -5
- Employed or student: -2
- Head Injury? Concussion: +3
- Head Injury? No concussion: -4
- Psychological stressor? Sex abuse: +14
- Psychological stressor? No sex abuse: +5
Kerr W, Janio E, Braesch C, et al. An objective score to identify psychogenic seizures based on age of onset and history. Presented at: 2017 American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting. December 1-5, 2017; Washington, DC. Abstract 1.169.