Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor (recombinant) single chain 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for AFSTYLA:
In patients with Hemophilia A: to treat and control bleeding episodes, for perioperative management, and routine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating von Willebrand disease.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Bleeding: Minor: obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; may repeat every 12–24hrs until resolved; Moderate: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; may repeat every 12–24hrs until resolved; Major: obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; may repeat every 8–24hrs until resolved. Perioperative: Minor: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; may repeat every 24hrs for ≥1 day until healed; Major: obtain 80–100% FVIII increase; may repeat every 8–24hrs until adequately healed, then continue for ≥7 days to maintain Factor VIII activity of 30–60%. Routine prophylaxis: ≥12yrs: 20–50 IU/kg 2–3 times weekly; <12yrs: 30–50 IU/kg 2–3 times weekly (more frequent or higher doses may be required).
Hamster protein sensitivity.
Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur; consider premedication with antihistamines if previous history of hypersensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dizziness, hypersensitivity, paresthesia, rash, erythema, pruritus, pyrexia, inj site pain, chills, feeling hot.
Kit—1 (vial w. diluent + supplies)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL