The treatment may be beneficial in patients whose acute migraine does not respond to standard treatment with intravenous metoclopramide.
Eptinezumab has shown 100% bioavailability when administered intravenously.
Treatment with fremanezumab may help reduce medication overuse and the number of days of acute medication use in individuals with chronic migraine.
Results from the ACHIEVE II study were presented at the American Headache Society's 60th Annual Scientific Meeting.
In the post-hoc analysis, researchers evaluated the time to onset of effect of galcanezumab as well as whether treatment with the study drug was associated with a reduction in migraine headache days.
Dr Richard Lipton and Dr Paul Martin debated the pros and cons of trigger avoidance in patients with migraine headache at the 2018 American Headache Society Annual Scientific Meeting in San Francisco, California.
Individuals with chronic migraine may present with age-related changes in cortical thickness.
The investigators assessed participants for photophobia, unilateral location, phonophobia, exacerbation, nausea, pulsatility, sensory aura, pain level and frequency, visual aura, and allodynia features.
The 2 randomized, phase 3, double-blind studies included in this presentation were the SAMURAI and SPARTAN trials.
The CaMEO study is a prospective, longitudinal web-based survey designed to characterize the impact of migraine on aspects of quality of life.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored