Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketotifen (as fumarate) 0.025%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for ALAWAY:
Temporary relief of ocular itching due to allergic conjunctivitis.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not recommended. ≥3yrs: 1 drop in affected eye(s) every 8–12hrs. Max: 2 doses/day.
Contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 10 minutes after administration, if eye is not red). Reevaluate if irritation, eye pain, or visual changes persist beyond 72 hours or worsen.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Fingolimod Compared With Glatiramer Acetate in Head-to-Head MS Study
- Lower Relapse Risk and Disability Progression With Oral DMT in Treatment-Naive RRMS
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure