ALFERON N Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Interferon alfa-n3 (human leukocyte derived) 5million IU/mL; inj; contains albumin (human).
Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.
Indications for ALFERON N:
Refractory genital warts.
≥18yrs: 0.05mL (250,000 IU) injected into the base of each wart twice weekly; max 8 wks. Max dose per session: 0.5mL (2.5million IU). Wait 3 months before retreatment unless warts enlarge or new warts develop.
<18 yrs: not recommended.
Mouse immunoglobulin, egg protein, or neomycin allergy.
Cardiovascular or severe pulmonary disease. Coagulation or seizure disorders. Severe myelosuppression. Use effective contraception during treatment. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure