AMICAR TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminocaproic acid 500mg, 1000mg; scored tabs.
Indications for AMICAR TABLETS:
Bleeding associated with fibrinolysis.
Initially 5g during 1st hour, then 1g/hour for 8 hours or until bleeding is controlled.
Active intravascular clotting process. Disseminated intravascular coagulation without concomitant heparin.
Upper urinary tract bleeding: not recommended. Cardiac, hepatic or renal disease. Risk of myopathy with long-term use; monitor creatine phosphokinase (CPK); discontinue if CPK rises. Avoid rapid IV administration. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; may increase thrombosis risk.
Inj site reactions, bradycardia, hypotension, GI upset, edema, headache, malaise, CNS effects, thrombosis, others; rare: myopathy.
Tabs—100; Oral soln—473mL; Inj—contact supplier
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches