Generic Name and Formulations:
Amlexanox 5%; adhesive oral paste.
Indications for APHTHASOL:
Aphthous ulcers in nonimmunocompromised adults.
Start at earliest onset of symptoms. Apply ¼ inch to each ulcer 4 times daily (following oral hygiene after meals and at bedtime). Wash hands after application. Continue until ulcer heals.
Discontinue if rash or contact mucositis occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Transient local pain, burning, stinging.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Parkinson Disease in Older Adults
- Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Chronic Sciatica: Gabapentin vs Pregabalin
- Tiglutik Now Available for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Modifiable CV Risk Factors Within Healthy Range Indicative of CV Morphology, White Matter Lesions
- A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis