Generic Name and Formulations:
Anastrozole 1mg; tabs.
Indications for ARIMIDEX:
In postmenopausal women: adjuvant treatment of hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer; first-line treatment of hormone receptor-positive or unknown locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer; advanced breast cancer with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy.
1mg once daily. Advanced disease: continue until tumor progression.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Pre-existing ischemic heart disease. Severe hepatic impairment. Monitor bone mineral density, cholesterol. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antagonized by tamoxifen, estrogens; do not give concomitantly.
Hot flashes, asthenia, arthritis, pain, arthralgia, pharyngitis, hypertension, depression, nausea, vomiting, rash, osteoporosis, fractures, back pain, insomnia, headache, peripheral edema, lymphedema, dyspnea, dizziness, paresthesia, vaginal bleeding, cough, hypercholesterolemia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis