A survey showed 67.3% of patient advocacy organizations received industry funding, while 11.9% received more than half of their funding from industry.
All articles by Chad Ulman, AIA, NCARB, LEED, AP BD+C
Intrathecal dosing of neural progenitors appears to be safe and well tolerated in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis.
Investigational agent has the potential to repair damaged myelin sheath and restore function in patients with secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis.
Patients with MS were likely to experience relapses for the first time or relapse continuation between the ages of 27 and 47 years.
Glucocerebrosidase gene mutation has been found to be strongly associated with REM sleep behavior disorder.
Investigators aimed to quantify functional connectivity differences in patients with MS and to determine the association between these alterations and cognitive performance.
An altered functional network involving the ipsilateral and contralateral hippocampal areas was associated with cognitive impairment in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy.
As ICH volume is known to increase within the first 3 hours following intracerebral hemorrhage, timely reversal is vital for patients on anticoagulation.
Investigators aimed to predict outcomes in patients with mild traumatic brain injury by identifying MRI features that are associated with clinical symptoms.
Phase 2 results show anti-CGRP receptor monoclonal antibody effective for the prevention of episodic migraine.
A misdiagnosis of multiple sclerosis exposes patients to unnecessary and potentially harmful treatments, as well as inadequate treatment for their correct diagnoses,
Maternal illness during pregnancy and parental exposure to pesticides were associated with increased risk for pediatric multiple sclerosis.
The incidence of atrial fibrillation in stroke patients with an insertable cardiac monitor was higher than that reported previously.
Independent predictors of dementia have been identified that may potentially improve diagnosis and treatment.
Women who had high blood pressure while pregnant demonstrated later cognitive impairment and smaller brain volume compared with women who had normotensive pregnancies.
Social and emotional support may independently help reduce the risk of stroke and dementia.
Those who slept more than 8 hours had a 146% greater risk of stroke.
The risk among people with migraine with aura was especially high for cardioembolic stroke.
Surprisingly, multiple types of stroke were associated with a greater risk of seizure than TBI.
The authors speculate that women may have pre-stroke functional deficits, and minorities may have poorer access to care.
Over 20% of women currently on HRT saw an increase in migraine severity.
All is not lost for patients presenting with severe stroke beyond the 6-hour mark.
Time to treatment for ischemic stroke is critical and directly affects functional outcomes.
The long-term benefits of endovascular thrombectomy appear to offset the costs of the procedure.
Cardiac dysrhythmia may contribute to pathophysiology in a proportion of SUDEP cases.
Heart rate, arterial oxygenation, and electrodermal activity improved accuracy compared with heart rate alone.
These functional analyses suggest that the circadian pathway may be a promising target for therapeutic intervention.
WES identified a definite/likely diagnosis in 32% of patients and a possible diagnosis in 22% of patients, for an overall yield of 54%.
Impairment in recalling names, routes, stories, messages, and a space/time disorientation can adversely impact social adaptation.