Common allergic conditions, especially food allergy, are associated with autism spectrum disorder in children.
There is international consensus as to the importance of work experience and vocational training for helping individuals with ASD obtain employment.
There are currently no approved pharmacological treatments that address these core symptoms of ASD.
Medical records of 48 children examined by Asperger show that he specifically called for 12 of the children to be transferred to the Am Spieglegrund facility, the 'euthanasia' institution founded in 1940.
Co-occurrence of ADHD is common in children with autism spectrum disorder.
Vaccination rates were significantly lower among younger siblings of children with ASD.
Researchers reported the results of a stereological analysis of the number of neurons in the amygdala nuclei to compare neurotypical development to autism spectrum disorder development.
The group with ASD had a greater mean depth of ultrasonographic penetration in the first trimester compared with the developmental delay group.
Although the prevalence of autism spectrum disorder is known to be more common among males than among females in the general population, information on sex-specific recurrence patterns is lacking.
Lower odds of ASD with intellectual disability were seen in the maternal multivitamin use group with or without additional iron or folic acid.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- FDA to Review Sublingual Tx for Motor Fluctuations in Parkinson Disease
- Shortened MS Quality-of-Life Questionnaire Compares With Longer Test in Reliability and Consistency
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Rituximab Effectively Reduces Disease Activity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Characteristics, Treatment Response Similar in Idiopathic, 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome-Associated Parkinson Disease
- Lifestyle, Behavioral Factors Contribute to Dementia Risk Assessment
- FDA Lifts Clinical Hold on Trial for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
- Fremanezumab Chronic Cluster Headache Study Discontinued