Generic Name and Formulations:
Tazarotene 0.1%; crm.
Indications for AVAGE:
Adjunct to comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance programs in the palliation of facial fine wrinkles, facial mottled hyper- and hypopigmentation, and facial benign lentigines.
Limitations Of use:
Does not eliminate or prevent wrinkles or restore more youthful skin. Does not reverse photoaging or repair sun damaged skin; does not mitigate coarse or deep wrinkling, tactile roughness, telangiectasia, skin laxity, keratinocytic atypia, melanocytic atypia, or dermal elastosis. The safety and effectiveness for the prevention or treatment of actinic keratoses, skin neoplasms, or lentigo maligna have not been established.
≥17yrs: apply thin film to entire face once daily in the PM. Females of reproductive potential: begin therapy during normal menses.
<17yrs: not established.
Assess any facial pigmented lesions (eg, lentigo maligna) prior to initiation. Obtain reliable negative pregnancy test within 2 weeks prior to therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception. Do not use on broken, eczematous, or sunburned skin. Sun sensitivity. Avoid eyes, mouth, sun, and UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Discontinue or reduce dose frequency if excessive irritation occurs. Nursing mothers.
Avoid use until the effects of strong drying agents have subsided. Avoid concomitant with photosensitizers or other irritants.
Desquamation, erythema, burning, dry or irritation skin, pruritus, irritant contact dermatitis, stinging, rash, cheilitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL