AZO TEST STRIPS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro urine test (tests for leukocytes and nitrite).
Indications for AZO TEST STRIPS:
To test for urinary tract infections (UTI).
Hold test pads in urine stream for 1–2 seconds. Test results in 1–2 minutes. Compare test pads to color block on foil pouch. Match color of each test pad to color chart for that test. Nitrite test: any amount of uniform pink color is positive. Leukocyte test: a positive test will give a dark tan to purple color. If Leukocytes test is negative and Nitrite test is negative: no sign of UTI (if symptoms continue, test again or consult healthcare provider). If Leukocytes test is negative or trace but Nitrite test is positive: results suggest UTI. If Leukocytes test is positive and Nitrite test is positive: results suggest UTI. If Leukocytes test is positive but Nitrite test is negative: results suggest UTI, repeat test, if Leukocytes still positive, consult healthcare provider.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis