Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin 50,000units/vial; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BACIIM:
Susceptible infections due to staphylococci, including pneumonia and empyema in infants.
Give by IM inj into upper outer quadrant of buttocks. Infants: <2.5kg: 900units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses; >2.5kg: 1,000units/kg per day in 2–3 divided doses.
Renal impairment. Monitor renal function before and daily during therapy; discontinue if renal toxicity occurs. Ensure adequate hydration.
Avoid other nephrotoxic drugs (eg, aminoglycosides, polymyxin B, colistin).
Nephrotoxicity (eg, albuminuria, azotemia, cylinduria), nausea, vomiting, rash, inj site pain.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Parkinson Disease in Older Adults
- Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Chronic Sciatica: Gabapentin vs Pregabalin
- Tiglutik Now Available for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Modifiable CV Risk Factors Within Healthy Range Indicative of CV Morphology, White Matter Lesions
- A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis