Bacitracin Zinc Ointment OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin zinc 500Units; per gram.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bacitracin Zinc Ointment:
Help prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Adults and Children:
Apply small amount to affected area 1–3 times daily; may be occluded with bandage.
Do not use on large areas, serious burns, deep/puncture wounds, animal bites, or eyes. Discontinue if condition persists or worsens. Reevaluate after 1 week.
Rash, other allergic reactions.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics