Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin 3%, benzoyl peroxide 5%; gel.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BENZAMYCIN:
Apply to cleansed, dried areas twice daily.
Avoid eyes, mouth, mucous membranes. Discontinue if excessive irritation or dryness occurs. Pak product is flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive irritation with other topical agents. Transient skin discoloration with PABA sunscreens.
Macrolide antibiotic + antibacterial/ keratolytic.
Dryness, local reactions (eg, peeling, pruritus, burning sensation, erythema), superinfection; may bleach hair or fabrics.
Pak (pouches, mixed by patient)—60; Gel (jar, mix before dispensing)—46.6g
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics