Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin 3%, benzoyl peroxide 5%; gel.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for BENZAMYCIN:
Apply to cleansed, dried areas twice daily.
Avoid eyes, mouth, mucous membranes. Discontinue if excessive irritation or dryness occurs. Pak product is flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Macrolide antibiotic + antibacterial/ keratolytic.
Additive irritation with other topical agents. Transient skin discoloration with PABA sunscreens.
Dryness, local reactions (eg, peeling, pruritus, burning sensation, erythema), superinfection; may bleach hair or fabrics.
Pak (pouches, mixed by patient)—60; Gel (jar, mix before dispensing)—46.6g
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure