Generic Name and Formulations:
Besifloxacin 0.6%; oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for BESIVANCE:
Susceptible bacterial conjunctivitis.
Adults and Children:
<1yr: not established. ≥1yr: 1 drop in affected eye(s) 3 times daily (4–12hrs apart) for 7 days. Shake bottle once before use.
Not for inj into the eye. Avoid contact lenses during therapy or if symptomatic. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Conjunctival redness, blurred vision, eye pain/pruritus/irritation, headache; superinfection (discontinue and treat).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd