BICILLIN C-R 900/300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Penicillin G benzathine 900,000 units, penicillin G procaine 300,000 units; per syringe; susp for deep IM inj; contains parabens.
Indications for BICILLIN C-R 900/300:
Susceptible moderately severe infections including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, erysipelas, scarlet fever, otitis media.
Use other strengths.
Give by deep IM inj into midlateral thigh or buttock. Group A strep: one inj of 900/300 once. Pneumococcal: one inj of 900/300 every 2–3 days until afebrile for 48 hours.
Avoid intraarterial, intravascular, and intraneural inj.
Not for IV use. Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Asthma. Monitor renal and hematopoietic function in prolonged use. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by probenecid. May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest.
Rash, drug fever, serum sickness, anaphylaxis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, nephropathy, inj site reactions.
C–R Tubex 600,000 units/mL (1mL, 2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles); C–R disposable syringe 600,000 units/mL (4mL)—10 (w. 2 inch needles); C–R 900/300 Tubex 1.2 million units/syringe (2mL)—10 (w. 1 inch or 1.25 inch needles)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies