Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 20mg, hydralazine HCl 37.5mg; scored tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for BIDIL:
Heart failure (HF) in black patients, as adjunct to standard treatment, to improve survival, prolong time to hospitalization for HF, and improve patient-reported functional status.
Limitations Of use:
Not established in NYHA Class IV HF.
Initially 1 tab 3 times daily, may reduce to ½ tab 3 times daily if not tolerated; titrate as tolerated after 3–5 days. Max 2 tabs 3 times daily.
Allergy to organic nitrates. Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), or riociguat.
Correct volume/salt depletion prior to initiation. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Discontinue if syncope occurs. Give pyridoxine if peripheral neuritis occurs. Hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vasodilators (nitrate + direct-acting).
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with PDE5 inhibitors or riociguat.
Headache (usually transient), dizziness, asthenia, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, sinusitis, tachycardia, paresthesia, amblyopia; SLE.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd