Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron (as polysaccharide iron complex [PIC] 22mg + heme iron polypeptide [HIP] as Proferrin bovine source 6mg) 28mg; gluten-free tabs.
Indications for BIFERA:
Iron supplement. Iron deficiency.
1 tab once daily.
May mask pernicious anemia. Monitor hemoglobin, hematocrit, ferritin levels periodically. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL