BONTRIL PDM CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phendimetrazine tartrate 35mg; scored tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BONTRIL PDM:
Short-term adjunct in managing exogenous obesity.
35mg 2 or 3 times daily, 1 hour before meals; may reduce to 17.5mg/dose. Max 210mg/day in 3 evenly divided doses.
Advanced arteriosclerosis. Cardiovascular disease. Moderate or severe hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Highly nervous or agitated states. Drug or alcohol abuse. Concomitant CNS stimulants. During or within 14 days of MAOIs (see Interactions).
Discontinue after a few weeks as tolerance to anorectic effect occurs. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged high doses. Mild hypertension. Abuse and dependence potential. Diabetes. Reevaluate after drug-free interval. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Pregnancy.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May antagonize guanethidine. CNS effects with alcohol, other CNS drugs.
Palpitation, tachycardia, hypertension, CNS overstimulation, dry mouth, GI disturbances, urinary frequency, changes in libido.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine