Calcipotriene Ointment Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Calcipotriene Ointment:
Apply a thin layer once or twice daily to affected skin and gently rub in completely.
Hypercalcemia. Vit. D toxicity. Do not use on face. Scalp soln: acute psoriatic eruptions.
For dermatologic use only. Avoid mucous membranes, excessive exposure to natural or artificial sunlight. Discontinue if irritation or hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative.
Local irritation, burning/stinging, pruritus, dermatitis, worsening of psoriasis.
Crm (NO); Oint, Soln (YES)
Crm—60g, 120g; Oint, Soln—contact supplier
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL