For patients with melanoma and untreated brain metastases, nivolumab combined with ipilimumab shows clinically meaningful efficacy.
This is the first clinical trial to compare antiplatelet and anticoagulation therapy in patients with cancer and ischemic stroke.
A study pinpointed clinical factors associated with pediatric brain neoplasms to assist clinicians in making neuroimaging decisions.
Treatment with enzalutamide for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients is not linked with increased seizure incidence.
1p/19q non-co-deleted anaplastic gliomas are associated with lower sensitivity to chemotherapy and worse prognosis than 1p/19q co-deleted tumors.
Patients with severe neurotoxicity have evidence of endothelial activation.
The clinical spectrum and optimal treatment approach for PD-1-related neurological complications is not clear.
It is important to consider long-term risks and outcomes when choosing an appropriate therapy for multiple sclerosis.
Most patients undergoing skull base irradiation for cancer do not have detectable cognitive impairment.
The use of postoperative stereotactic radiosurgery could be a substitute for whole-brain radiotherapy, which has been linked to cognitive adverse effects.
Rivaroxaban treatment for nonvalvular AF in patients with cancer is safe.
There is a 4 times greater risk of developing melanoma in Parkinson's disease, and vice versa.
Despite previous reports, researchers have found no signs of a link between cytomegalovirus and brain tumors including glioblastoma.
Patients reported significant cognitive difficulties from pre-chemotherapy to post-chemotherapy and from pre-chemotherapy to 6-month follow-up.
Molecular changes occur to cancer cells when they spread to the brain.
Intracranial disease control at 3 months was better with combination therapy; however it did not appear to impact overall survival.
The researchers found evidence of several psychoactive drugs, which may contribute to delirium.
Impairments in memory after cancer treatment might be more emotional, the researchers suggest.
Remote monitoring of symptoms can help clinicians keep track of patients' status.
The drug was previously linked to an elevated risk of acute myeloid leukemia.
The severity of peripheral neuropathy is associated with lower vitamin D levels in patients with multiple myeloma.
Over 10 000 brain and CNS tumors are diagnosed in adolescent and young adults each year.
Mindfulness-based stress reduction helped to improve post-cancer treatment cognitive function.
Those treated with ADT for over one year had double the risk compared to patients who did not receive the therapy.
Anthracycline-based chemotherapy was associated with worse cognitive outcomes than nonanthracycline chemo.
As many as 50% of neurotoxic chemotherapy patients experience CPN.
The risk of suffering a second stroke is double the rate seen in noncancer stroke survivors.
Parkinson's disease may be associated with a higher risk of most cancers.
Many are willing to pay out of pocket for the test.
In addition to contributing significantly to cancer pain, researchers believe cancer progression depends largely on nerve activity.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Higher Levels of Cholesterol May Protect Men From Parkinson Disease
- Early Clinical Traits of Multiple Sclerosis Prodrome Identified
- Chronic Pain May Be Contributor to Suicide
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- FDA Approves Tiglutik for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies
- Familial Hemiplegic Migraine Attacks May Be Associated With Cortical Swelling
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Fremanezumab May Have Long-Term Efficacy as a Prophylactic for Chronic Migraine
- Propofol May Decrease Delay in Neurocognitive Recovery