Generic Name and Formulations:
Mepenzolate bromide 25mg; tabs; contains tartrazine.
Indications for CANTIL:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer.
Use lowest effective dose. 1–2 tabs 4 times a day with meals and at bedtime.
Glaucoma. GU or GI obstruction (eg, pyloroduodenal stenosis, achalasia). Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony of the elderly or debilitated. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute GI hemorrhage. Toxic megacolon. Complicated ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal disease. Ulcerative colitis. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Coronary heart disease. CHF. Cardiac arrhythmias. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Prostatic hypertrophy. Hyperthyroidism. High environmental temperature. Aspirin sensitivity. Delayed gastric emptying time. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with amantadine, class I antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine), antihistamines, phenothiazines, benzodiazepines, MAOIs, narcotic analgesics (eg, meperidine), nitrates, nitrites, sympathomimetic agents, tricyclics, and other anticholinergics. Antagonizes antiglaucoma agents. May antagonize metoclopramide. May affect absorption of digoxin. Antacids may inhibit absorption; avoid.
Nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, mental confusion, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, urticaria, tachycardia, urinary retention or hesitancy, decreased sweating, insomnia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd