Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluorouracil 0.5% (0.35% in microspheres); crm.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for CARAC:
Multiple actinic or solar keratoses of the face and anterior scalp.
≥18yrs: Wash and dry area. Wait 10 minutes. Apply thin film to skin where lesions appear once daily for up to 4 weeks. Do not occlude. May apply sunscreen/ moisturizer 2 hours later. Wash hands after use.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) deficiency. Women of childbearing potential. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Discontinue if symptoms of DPD deficiency develop (e.g., abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea, vomiting, fever, chills). Ulcerated or inflamed skin. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, exposure to sun or UV light. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Application site reaction (may persist 2 weeks after drug is stopped), eye irritation.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine