Generic Name and Formulations:
Diltiazem HCl 30mg, 60mg+, 90mg+, 120mg+; tabs; +scored.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for CARDIZEM:
Vasospastic and chronic stable angina.
Swallow whole. 30mg 4 times daily before meals and at bedtime. May increase gradually every 1–2 days; max 360mg/day in divided doses. Concomitant simvastatin: max 240mg/day.
Sick sinus syndrome, 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block unless paced. Hypotension. Acute MI and pulmonary congestion documented by X-ray on admission.
CHF. Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Discontinue if persistent rash occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (benzothiazepine).
Concomitant ivabradine, rifampin, alcohol: avoid. Caution with digoxin, β-blockers, others that may affect cardiac conduction (may lead to AV block). Monitor heart rate with concomitant clonidine. Potentiates propranolol, benzodiazepines, buspirone, cyclosporine, carbamazepine, quinidine, lovastatin, simvastatin (limit to max 10mg/day); monitor. Caution with CYP3A4 substrates, inhibitors (eg, cimetidine), or inducers. Anesthetics may potentiate cardiac depression.
Edema, headache, fatigue, dizziness, asthenia, 1st-degree AV block, bradycardia, rash (may be serious); rare: hypotension, liver abnormalities.
LA tabs—30, 90; CD 120mg, 180mg, 240mg, 300mg—30, 90; CD 360mg—90; Tabs 30mg—100, 500; 60mg, 90mg, 120mg—100
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure