CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocarnitine 1g/10mL; cherry flavor.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION:
Primary systemic or secondary carnitine deficiency.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 1g/day; titrate slowly; range 1–3g/day.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 50mg/kg/day; titrate slowly; range 50–100mg/kg (max 3g) per day.
Obtain baseline carnitine level; monitor blood chemistry, carnitine levels, vital signs, clinical condition. Seizure disorders. Renal insufficiency (oral forms). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Monitor INR with warfarin.
GI upset/pain, body odor, seizures; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur). Inj: also inj site reactions.
Tabs—90; Oral soln—118mL; Single-dose vials (5mL)—5
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL