Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin 2%; oint.
Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for CENTANY:
Impetigo due to S. pyogenes or S. aureus.
Adults and Children:
<2 months: not recommended. ≥2 months: Apply small amount 3 times daily. May cover with gauze dressing. Reevaluate if no response within 3–5 days.
Avoid eyes. Discontinue if irritation or sensitization occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, pruritus, dermatitis, furunculosis, rash.
Oint—15g, 30g; Kit—1 (oint 2% [30g] + gauze pads )
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics