Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin 2%; oint.
Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for CENTANY:
Impetigo due to S. pyogenes or S. aureus.
Adults and Children:
<2 months: not recommended. ≥2 months: Apply small amount 3 times daily. May cover with gauze dressing. Reevaluate if no response within 3–5 days.
Avoid eyes. Discontinue if irritation or sensitization occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, pruritus, dermatitis, furunculosis, rash.
Oint—15g, 30g; Kit—1 (oint 2% [30g] + gauze pads )
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency