CERALYTE 70 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rice syrup solids 40g, sodium 70mEq, potassium 20mEq, chloride 60mEq, citrate 30mEq, Calories 160; per liter; pwd; natural or lemon flavor.
Cera Products Inc.
Indications for CERALYTE 70:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild (CeraLyte 50) to moderate (CeraLyte 70, CeraLyte 90) diarrhea.
Adults and Children:
Take with food. Mix powder as directed per packet. Drink sufficient volume to replace fluid lost. Continue until diarrhea stops.
As sole therapy in severe diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction. Perforated bowel. Anuria. Oliguria. Impaired homeostatic mechanisms.
Avoid sugary food/fruit drinks, colas.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Pwd packets: 10g (for 200mL)—24; 50g (for 1L)—12; Ready-to-Drink (11oz)—4
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches