Scoliosis surgery in patients with cerebral palsy leads to a significant improvement in health-related quality of life.
In young children with cerebral palsy, infusion of autologous umbilical cord blood improves whole brain connectivity and motor function.
Significant improvements in muscle tone, spasticity, goal attainment, and overall clinical benefit were observed across all injection cycles.
While their are other factors more strongly associated with risk of cerebral palsy, maternal obesity is modifiable and therefore should be studied further.
The drug is the first botulinum toxin indicated for the treatment of lower limb spasticity in pediatric patients.
Causes other than asphyxia account for most cases of cerebral palsy in near-term infants.
Reduced brain connectivity puts preterm infants at a greater risk of developing neurodevelopmental disorders.
Compared with penicillin, macrolides taken during pregnancy increase the child's risk of developing cerebral palsy or epilepsy.
Researchers say 14% of cerebral palsy cases are likely to be caused by a genetic mutation.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment