CHILDREN'S MUCINEX COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 5mg, guaifenesin 100mg; per 5mL; cherry flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 3mg.
Indications for CHILDREN'S MUCINEX COUGH:
Chest congestion. Cough.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–5yrs: 2.5–5mL every 4 hours. 6–11yrs: 5–10mL every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications).
Antitussive + expectorant.
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
DM—20, 40; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics