CHILDREN'S ZYRTEC CHEWABLE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetirizine HCl 5mg, 10mg; chew tabs; grape flavor.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S ZYRTEC CHEWABLE:
Adults and Children:
Chew tabs: may take with or without water. For doses <5mg: use syrup. <2yrs: not recommended. 2–6yrs: initially 2.5mg once daily; max 5mg once daily or 2.5mg every 12hrs. ≥6yrs: initially 5–10mg once daily. ≥65yrs: use chew tabs or syrup: 5mg once daily. Hepatic or renal impairment: individualize.
Hives Relief: not used for prevention or as a substitute for epinephrine. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth, pharyngitis. Children: headache, pharyngitis, GI upset/pain, cough, somnolence, diarrhea, epistaxis, bronchospasm, fatigue, irritability, insomnia.
Tabs—5, 14, 30, 45, 75; Liquid gels—12, 25, 40; Chew tabs 5mg—5, 10mg—12, 24; Hives Relief tabs—14; Syrup—4oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure