CILOXAN OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CILOXAN OPH OINT:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: ½ inch into conjunctival sac 3 times daily for 2 days, then twice daily for next 5 days.
CNS or convulsive disorders. Discontinue if rash occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May increase theophylline levels. May potentiate oral anticoagulants. May increase renal toxicity with cyclosporine.
Soln: Burning, crystalline precipitates, lid margin crusting, scales, foreign body sensation, pruritus, conjunctival hyperemia, bad taste. Oint: ocular discomfort, blurred vision; may delay corneal healing. Both: superinfection.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics