CILOXAN OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CILOXAN OPH OINT:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: ½ inch into conjunctival sac 3 times daily for 2 days, then twice daily for next 5 days.
CNS or convulsive disorders. Discontinue if rash occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May increase theophylline levels. May potentiate oral anticoagulants. May increase renal toxicity with cyclosporine.
Soln: Burning, crystalline precipitates, lid margin crusting, scales, foreign body sensation, pruritus, conjunctival hyperemia, bad taste. Oint: ocular discomfort, blurred vision; may delay corneal healing. Both: superinfection.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis