CIPRODEX OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; otic susp.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CIPRODEX OTIC:
Acute otitis media in pediatric patients with tympanostomy tubes. Acute otitis externa.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. ≥6 months: 4 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Viral otic infections (eg, herpes simplex).
Discontinue if superinfection or hypersensitivity occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Ear discomfort/pain, pruritus, debris, dysgeusia, erythema.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies