Generic Name and Formulations:
Cladribine 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cladribine:
Active hairy cell leukemia.
Give by continuous IV infusion for 7 consecutive days. 0.09mg/kg per day.
See full labeling.
Delay or discontinue if neurotoxicity or renal toxicity occurs. Myelosuppression. Active infection. Renal or hepatic insufficiency. Monitor blood counts (esp. during first 4–8 weeks post-dose), renal and hepatic function. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Live attenuated vaccines: not recommended. Increased toxicity with myelosuppressive, immunosuppressive, or nephrotoxic agents.
Chlorinated purine nucleoside analog.
Severe myelosuppression (eg, neutropenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia), fever, infection, fatigue, nausea, rash, headache, inj site reactions, others; neurotoxicity, nephrotoxicity, tumor lysis syndrome (rare).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies