CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 5mg, pseudoephedrine sulfate 240mg; ext-rel tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. 1 tab once daily.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disorders. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Prostatic hypertrophy. Increased intraocular pressure. Renal or hepatic impairment: avoid. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes beta-adrenergic blocking agents, methyldopa, and reserpine. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Dry mouth, headache, insomnia, fatigue, pharyngitis, somnolence, nausea, dizziness, nervousness, psychomotor hyperactivity, anorexia; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics