CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 5mg, pseudoephedrine sulfate 240mg; ext-rel tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CLARINEX-D 24 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. 1 tab once daily.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disorders. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Prostatic hypertrophy. Increased intraocular pressure. Renal or hepatic impairment: avoid. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Pseudoephedrine: may be antagonized by beta-adrenergic blockers, methyldopa, reserpine. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis.
Dry mouth, headache, insomnia, fatigue, pharyngitis, somnolence, nausea, dizziness, nervousness, psychomotor hyperactivity, anorexia; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a