CLARINEX SYRUP Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desloratadine 0.5mg/mL; bubble-gum flavor.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CLARINEX SYRUP:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis (for patients ≥2yrs old). Perennial allergic rhinitis, chronic idiopathic urticaria (for patients ≥6 months old).
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. 6 months–11 months: 1mg (2mL). 1–5yrs: 1.25mg (2.5mL). 6–11yrs: 2.5mg (5mL). ≥12yrs: 5mg (10mL). All: once daily.
ODT: Phenylketonurics. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pharyngitis, dry mouth or throat, myalgia, fatigue, somnolence, dysmenorrhea, headache, nausea, dizziness. Children: fever, diarrhea, upper respiratory infections, irritability, coughing.
Formerly known under the brand name Clarinex ODT.
Tabs (YES); syrup (NO)
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—4oz, 16oz; ODT—contact supplier
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a