CLEOCIN PEDIATRIC GRANULES Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as palmitate HCl) 75mg/5mL; for oral soln; cherry flavor.
Indications for CLEOCIN PEDIATRIC GRANULES:
Serious susceptible infections where less toxic antibiotics are inappropriate, including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, septicemia, intraabdominal, female pelvic or genital; bone and joint (inj).
Use capsule form.
Take with full glass of water. <10kg: at least 37.5mg 3 times daily. Serious: 8–12mg/kg per day. Severe: 13–16mg/kg per day. More severe: 17–25mg/kg per day. Divide into 3–4 equal doses. Beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections: treat for at least 10 days.
Not for treatment of meningitis. Discontinue if colitis occurs and treat. Permanently discontinue if severe hypersensitivity reactions occur. Allergy. Asthma (75mg, 150mg caps). GI disease (esp. colitis). Atopy. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use and in children. IV: Gasping syndrome (neonates, infants). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: consider alternative drug.
May potentiate neuromuscular blocking agents; caution. May be potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors; monitor. May be antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampicin); monitor. May antagonize erythromycin; avoid. Antiperistaltic agents may worsen colitis.
Pseudomembranous colitis, C. difficile-associated diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dysguesia, rash, pruritus, angioedema, anaphylaxis, jaundice, renal dysfunction, blood dyscrasias, polyarthritis, severe skin reactions (eg, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms, Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
Caps—100; Granules (100mL)—1; Inj (2mL, 4mL, 6mL vials)—25
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency