Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test. Contain sodium hydroxide; reagent tabs (copper reduction).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for CLINITEST:
Detection of urine reducing sugars.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions. Use 2 drop test for up to 5% sugar and 5 drop test for up to 2% sugar.
Not for ingestion.
Poisonous. Causes severe burns. Do not use if tabs darken.
False (+) with penicillins, salicylates, ascorbic acid, nalidixic acid, cephalosporins, probenecid, lactose, fructose, galactose, pentoses.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis