Generic Name and Formulations:
Clomiphene citrate 50mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CLOMID:
Induction of ovulation.
50mg daily for 5 days beginning on the 5th day of menstrual cycle; max 3 courses. If ovulation does not occur after 1st course, increase dose to 100mg daily for 2nd course; max 100mg/day for 5 days. See full labeling.
Primary ovarian failure. Ovarian cysts. Uterine leiomyomas. Abnormal vaginal bleeding. Thrombophlebitis. Liver disease. Depression. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Organic intracranial lesions (eg, pituitary tumor). Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Perform initial complete pelvic and endocrinologic exam. If ovarian enlargement occurs, hold dose until ovaries return to pretreatment size, and reduce dosage or duration of next course. Polycystic ovary syndrome. Discontinue if visual disorders occur. Metabolism disorders (eg, hypertriglyceridemia). Preexisting or family history of hyperlipidemia: monitor plasma triglycerides periodically. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian enlargement, vasomotor flushes, abdominal/pelvic discomfort/distention/bloating, nausea, vomiting, breast discomfort, visual symptoms (eg, blurred vision, lights, floaters), headache, abnormal uterine bleeding; multiple births, pancreatitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL