Clotrimazole Troches Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Clotrimazole Troches:
Prophylaxis and treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not recommended. ≥3yrs: Dissolve slowly in mouth. Treatment: 1 troche 5 times daily for 14 consecutive days. Prophylaxis: 1 troche 3 times daily.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Diagnosis should be confirmed by KOH smear and/or culture. Monitor hepatic function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Elevated SGOT levels, nausea, vomiting.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycelex Troches.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis