Generic Name and Formulations:
Clotrimazole 1%; crm; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Clotrimazole:
Candidiasis due to Candida albicans. Tinea versicolor due to Malassezia furfur.
Adults and Children:
Apply to affected and surrounding area twice daily (AM & PM) for up to 4 weeks; do not occlude.
Discontinue if irritation or sensitivity occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 4 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Erythema, stinging, blistering, peeling, edema, pruritus, urticaria, burning, skin irritation.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics