CMSC 2018 Coverage
A combination of dalfampridine extended-release and physical therapy (PT) has shown efficacy for improving gait in people with multiple sclerosis
Differing formulations and ratios of the subjects' medical cannabis regimens have been accounted for, though further information about ratios of CBD and TCH are subject to change due to continued ongoing research.
Pain in patients with multiple sclerosis may affect their daily functioning regardless of disease severity.
Investigators assessed the effect of disease-modifying treatments on pain in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
The MS and monophasic ADS groups were compared using quantified melanin measurements via the DSM II Colorimeter; self-reported skin tones of fair, medium, olive, or dark; a self-reported race; and skin tone, which was self-reported using 10 numerical panels of color.
The protocol authors propose a more objective method of managing medication adherence through a profile performed by an occupational therapist.
Due to the increased risk for urinary tract infections (UTIs) in people with MS and similar CNS demyelinating diseases, as well as the tendency of UTIs to trigger more MS flares, the affected population are subject to a large number of unneeded antibiotic prescriptions and asymptomatic bacteriuria treatments.
The study researchers examined data from the US database of the IMS Health Real World Data Adjudicated Claims between 2011 and 2015.
Immunotherapy in multiple sclerosis may increase the risk for conversion from latent to active tuberculosis infection.
This study analyzed results from SUNBEAM (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02294058) and RADIANCE (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01628393), 2 double-blind, randomized, phase 3 trials.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Epilepsy's Mobility Problem: Advocating for Changes in Transportation Laws, Public Resources
- The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
- Women With Epilepsy More Likely to Have Major Depressive Disorder
- Some Common Allergies Linked to Odds of Autism in Children
- CAPPRI Scale is Feasible for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Distal Sensorimotor Polyneuropathy
- Long-Term Type 1 Diabetes Associated With Cognitive Decline
- White Matter Hyperintensities in RCVS Vary Over Time
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- Levetiracetam Effective as Episodic Migraine Prophylactic