CMSC 2018 Coverage
A combination of dalfampridine extended-release and physical therapy (PT) has shown efficacy for improving gait in people with multiple sclerosis
Differing formulations and ratios of the subjects' medical cannabis regimens have been accounted for, though further information about ratios of CBD and TCH are subject to change due to continued ongoing research.
Pain in patients with multiple sclerosis may affect their daily functioning regardless of disease severity.
Investigators assessed the effect of disease-modifying treatments on pain in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
The MS and monophasic ADS groups were compared using quantified melanin measurements via the DSM II Colorimeter; self-reported skin tones of fair, medium, olive, or dark; a self-reported race; and skin tone, which was self-reported using 10 numerical panels of color.
The protocol authors propose a more objective method of managing medication adherence through a profile performed by an occupational therapist.
Due to the increased risk for urinary tract infections (UTIs) in people with MS and similar CNS demyelinating diseases, as well as the tendency of UTIs to trigger more MS flares, the affected population are subject to a large number of unneeded antibiotic prescriptions and asymptomatic bacteriuria treatments.
The study researchers examined data from the US database of the IMS Health Real World Data Adjudicated Claims between 2011 and 2015.
Immunotherapy in multiple sclerosis may increase the risk for conversion from latent to active tuberculosis infection.
This study analyzed results from SUNBEAM (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02294058) and RADIANCE (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01628393), 2 double-blind, randomized, phase 3 trials.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans
- Alcohol Exposure Via Breastmilk May Affect Infant Development